#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

I need to change my direct deposit info for my refund

If you choose to receive your federal tax refund by direct deposit, make sure to double-check your direct deposit information to ensure it’s correct so you are able to receive any refund you’re due.

The IRS may be able to help taxpayers who may have included incorrect bank routing or account numbers on their federal returns. The IRS FAQ article on What should I do if I entered an incorrect routing or account number for direct deposit of my refund? has information on what to do if you submitted a federal tax return with incorrect direct deposit information.

For state refunds, you should contact your state’s tax authority to see what help is available for taxpayers who would like to correct the direct deposit information on their state return.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing