If you are signing up for Credit Karma Tax for the first time this year, you can use Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication. Using Google Authenticator is an optional feature to help you secure your account.
If you prefer, you can also use your verified phone number for two-factor authentication.
Download the Google Authenticator app:
How to set up Google Authenticator with Credit Karma Tax
- While you are signing up for Credit Karma Tax, we will ask you to verify the phone number you entered to sign up.
- Check the box at the bottom of the screen to enable Google Authenticator.
- Keep in mind that you will still need to verify your phone number to finish signing up for Credit Karma Tax.
- If you choose not to use Google Authenticator, you can use your phone number to help protect your account with two-factor authentication
- After you verify your phone number, install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device if necessary.
- If you are using the Google Chrome browser, You can also install the GAuth add-on.
- Use the Google Authenticator app on your phone to scan the QR code displayed on the page or enter the 16-character code into the Google Authenticator app. This will associate your Google Authenticator app with your Credit Karma Tax account.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the 6 digit code from your Google Authenticator app to verify that the process has been successful.
- Once you have successfully set up two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator, we will show you an 8 digit Recovery Code. Save this code in a safe place, you can use your Recovery Code to access you account if you lose access to your Google Authenticator app.
You can disable Google Authenticator from your Security Settings.
What to do if you lose your device or can’t use Google Authenticator anymore
If you lose your device or have a problem using Google Authenticator to access your account in the future, you can enter your Recovery Code to log in. After you use your Recovery Code, you will be able to set up Google Authenticator again to ensure the continued protection of your Credit Karma Tax account.
If you get completely locked out of your account due to an issue with your two-factor authentication, please contact our member support team.