If you apply for an eligible credit card through Credit Karma and find a higher welcome bonus for the same card within 30 days of being approved for the card, you may be eligible to receive an Amazon.com EGift card for the dollar value difference.
A welcome bonus (also called a sign-up bonus) is a reward you can earn after you use your card to make purchases of a certain dollar amount within a set period of time. For example, a credit card may offer $150 cash back if you spend $500 within the first 3 months of opening the account.
Any credit card offers presented on Credit Karma with a ‘Bonus Match Guarantee’ badge at the time of your application are eligible for the Bonus Match Guarantee.
In order to qualify for the Bonus Match Guarantee from Credit Karma:
- You must have applied for an eligible credit card through Credit Karma and been approved;
- You must receive a current (non expired) offer for the same credit card with a higher welcome bonus within 30 days of being approved for the card, AND
- You must submit your Bonus Match Guarantee claim to Credit Karma no later than 30 days from the date you were approved for the credit card. Click here to submit your claim.
How will the difference between the welcome bonus I received and the higher welcome bonus offer be calculated?
A welcome bonus may be earned in points, miles or cash back. If your claim for the Bonus Match Guarantee is accepted, it will be calculated into one of the following:
- Points will be valued at 1 cent per point
- Miles will be valued at 1 cent per mile
- Cash back will be valued dollar for dollar
When submitting your claim, you must include the following documents:
- Proof of your approval: a copy of your approval email or letter from the issuer for the eligible card including the date of approval and your full name; and
- Proof of higher welcome bonus offer: a copy or printed screenshot of the card offer you received via direct mail or email with your name clearly visible OR a public link to the offer that is accessible by anyone.
Once received, a member of our team will reach out to you for supporting documentation.
Once your claim is received, our Member Support team will verify the following:
- That you found the offer for an eligible card on Credit Karma;
- That you were approved for the offer within the last 30 days; and
- That the alternative offer you submitted is valid and has a higher welcome bonus.
If your claim is accepted, we’ll send you an Amazon.com EGift card for the dollar value difference between the welcome bonus you saw on Credit Karma and the welcome bonus presented in your claim.
Once we’ve reviewed your claim, we’ll send you an email letting you know if your claim has been accepted or denied.
If we accept your claim, we’ll send you a Amazon.com EGift card for the dollar value difference between the welcome bonus you saw on Credit Karma and the welcome bonus presented in your claim.
If your claim is denied, we’ll let you know why in an email. Here are some examples of reasons why your claim may have been denied:
- We couldn’t find a record of your application through Credit Karma.
- We couldn’t verify your approval for the card.
- The better offer you presented was no longer valid.
- The better offer you presented was not publicly available.
- The better offer you presented was not clearly targeted towards you.