#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

How do I report conflict of interest sales?

If you sold property according to a certificate of divestiture issued by the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) or the Judicial Conference of the United States (or its designee) and purchase replacement property, you can defer part of all of the tax on any realized gains. 

Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Conflict of Interest Sales

Generally, you’ll use Form 8824 to report conflict-of-interest sales. Credit Karma Tax will generate Form 8824 and include it in your federal tax return based on the information you provide.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing