#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

How do I report income and losses from my rental property?

If you own real estate or other property that you rented out during the year, you can use Schedule E to report your income and expenses related to this activity. 

Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Rental Real Estate Income

Credit Karma Tax will help calculate the portion of your expenses that are deductible based on the information you provide.

You can learn more About Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss from the IRS.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing