#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

Tax season has ended and I haven't filed yet, what can I do?

If it's past the April deadline, you may still be able to file your tax return. If you are due a refund, the IRS says that there is no penalty if you file a late tax return. However, if you owe tax, and you failed to file and pay on time, the IRS says that you “will most likely owe interest and penalties on the tax you pay late.”

Tax returns that are due a refund for withholding or estimated taxes must be filed within 3 years of the return due date to claim your refund. 

If you cannot pay what you owe, you can request an additional 60-120 days to pay your account in full through the Online Payment Agreement application or by calling 1 (800) 829-1040.

If you want to file for free using Credit Karma Tax, click here.

Credit Karma Tax only supports preparing tax year 2018 returns, including amended returns.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing