#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

I received a rebate of a medical expense I previously deducted on my return. How do I report that?

If you received a rebate of or were reimbursed for a medical expense in a previous year, you’ll need to report the rebate or reimbursement as income. Keep in mind this only applies if you deducted the expense on your tax return in the previous year.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing