#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

How do I carry forward Net Operating Loss from a previous tax year?

If you are carrying forward Net Operating Loss from a previous tax year, you need to list your Net Operating Loss deduction as a negative figure under Other income.

Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Other Income

The IRS Publication 536, Net Operating Losses (NOLs) for Individuals, Estates, and Trusts contains rules and worksheets to help you calculate your Net Operating Loss carryover.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing