#We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

I got a state refund last year but didn’t get a 1099-G. What should I do?

You should check with the state you received the refund from if you didn’t receive a Form 1099-G if you either itemized your deductions or used the state and local general sales tax deduction instead of claiming your state and local income taxes paid or withheld last year.

The IRS receives a copy of every 1099-G issued, so they will expect you to include the information with your tax return.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?