#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

I gave my jury duty pay to my employer. Do I still have to claim it as income?

Yes. You must report jury duty pay as income. If your employer paid you while you were serving on the jury you’ll want to deduct the amount on line 36 of Form 1040 and identify it as “Jury Pay.”

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing