#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

How do I know if I have to claim my prior year state refund on my taxes?

If you received a state tax refund in 2017, you typically have to claim it as income if you claimed your state taxes as an itemized deduction on your 2016 tax return.

You should have received a Form 1099-G from your state if the refund was $10 or more.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing