#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

What is the Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit and how can I claim it?

The Alternative Motor Vehicle credit incentivizes taxpayers to purchase qualified fuel cell vehicles. This credit is available to businesses and individuals.

Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit

For the purposes of this credit, an alternative motor vehicle must have least four wheels and be a qualified fuel cell vehicle.

To qualify for this credit, you must meet all of the following requirements:

  • You’re the vehicle’s owner or lessor
  • You placed the vehicle in service during your tax year
  • The original use of the vehicle began with you
  • You didn’t acquire the vehicle for resale
  • You use the vehicle primarily in the United States

Source: irs.gov

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing