The Alternative Motor Vehicle credit incentivizes taxpayers to purchase qualified fuel cell vehicles. This credit is available to businesses and individuals.
Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
For the purposes of this credit, an alternative motor vehicle must have least four wheels and be a qualified fuel cell vehicle.
To qualify for this credit, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You’re the vehicle’s owner or lessor
- You placed the vehicle in service during your tax year
- The original use of the vehicle began with you.
- You didn’t acquire the vehicle for resale
- You use the vehicle primarily in the United States