#We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

Who is eligible for the Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit?

If you purchased a qualified fuel cell vehicle in 2016 and started driving it in 2017, you might be eligible to claim this credit on your 2017 federal income tax return. Here are some other requirements you’ll need to meet:

  • You’re the vehicle’s original owner or lessor.
  • You didn’t purchase the vehicle for resale.
  • You use the vehicle primarily in the United States.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?