#We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

Where do I report impairment-related work expenses?

How you report the deduction for impairment-related work expenses will depend on whether you’re claiming it as a self-employed individual, or as an employee. Self-employed people should deduct this as a business expense on the form they use to report business income and expenses, such as Schedule C, C-EZ, E or F. Employees should use Schedule A and either the Employee Business Expenses form or the form for Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?