#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

Where do I report an adjustment for court costs and attorney fees incurred in connection with a whistleblower award from the IRS?

This adjustment gets reported on Line 36 of your 1040.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing