#We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

Where do amortizable bond premiums go on my tax return?

If you received a 1099-INT and there is bond premium listed on box 11 and/or 12, enter the total amount of bond premium on the Interest Income screen in Credit Karma Tax. Don’t reduce the amount of interest income shown in box 1 or box 3 of your 1099-INT by the amount of bond premium. Credit Karma Tax will automatically subtract the bond premium amortization from your interest income and help you report the amount on Schedule B.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?