#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

I still have the D.C. First-time Homebuyer Credit, but no longer have the home.

Even if you no longer own the home that qualified you for the D.C. First-Time Homebuyer credit, you may still claim the amount of credit you didn’t use on future tax returns until you have claimed the full amount that you are entitled to. 

Go to this section in Credit Karma tax: Carryforward of District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit

You can find the amount you can claim this year on your previous year’s return on Form 8859, line 4.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing