#We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

I am a shareholder but didn't get a K-1. What should I do?

Another legal form your business can take is an S Corporation.

With an S Corp, the corporate income, losses, deductions, and credits are passed through to the shareholders for federal tax purposes. The S Corp uses Schedule K-1 to report each shareholder’s share of income, deductions, credits, etc. Each shareholder of an S Corp should receive a Schedule K-1 as well when the S Corp tax return is filed.

You may need to report this info on your own return on page 2 of Schedule E.

You can enter the information from your Schedule K-1 on Credit Karma Tax here.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?