You may be eligible for a credit equal to 30% of the cost during the taxable year for:
- qualified solar electric systems;
- qualified solar water heaters;
- qualified fuel cell property;
- qualified small wind energy property; and
- qualified geothermal heat pumps.
Remember that the credit for expenditures made for qualified fuel cell property is limited to $500 for each one-half kilowatt of capacity of the property; the amounts of the other qualified expenditures eligible for the credit are not limited.