We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

I didn't get a Form 1098 for mortgage interest paid, can I still claim it when filing my return through Credit Karma Tax?

If you meet the eligibility requirements to deduct mortgage interest you paid during 2017, you don’t need a Form 1098 to take the deduction when filing your return through Credit Karma Tax. Generally, if you paid $600 or more of mortgage interest (including certain points and mortgage insurance premiums), the mortgage holder should send you a Form 1098 by Jan. 31, 2018, and submit a copy of the form to the IRS.

If you don’t receive one, you can still take the deduction by getting the mortgage interest information from a different source, such as your mortgage lender or your end-of-year mortgage statement.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?