#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

How do I enter my home sale if it's not taxable?

Generally, you must report a real estate transaction, even if the sale isn’t currently taxable. You should receive a Form 1099-S, Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions, to report the sale or exchange of real estate.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing