#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

How do I change my personal information?

Use the following steps to change your name, home address, email, gender, marital status, annual household income on your Credit Karma account.

  1. On a browser, hover over Profile and Settings
  2. Select personal information from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your new information and select Save at the bottom of the page.

You can also edit the answer to the following yes/no questions about whether you:

  • are a student
  • a business owner
  • usually carry a balance on our credit cards from month-to-month

If you need to change your email, phone number, your password or security questions, you can do so from your security settings.

Why won’t my changes save?

For your security, updated personal information needs to be verified with TransUnion. If the information doesn’t match what TransUnion has on file for you, the changes won’t be saved on Credit Karma. This can happen if you’ve recently moved or changed your name because TransUnion may not have received your new information yet.

It can take the credit bureaus 30 to 45 days to update your credit information. You can see the current personal information TransUnion has for you by looking at your TransUnion Credit Report on Credit Karma. If it’s been longer than 45 days and your information still isn't saving on Credit Karma or reflected on your credit reports, we recommend contacting TransUnion to make sure your file with them is up to date.

I’m having trouble saving my address and I live in an apartment

If you live in an apartment and you’re having trouble updating your address, try including your apartment number or letter at the end of the street address line instead of using the Apartment line.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing