Yes. Credit Karma is always free.
Credit Karma won’t ask you for your credit card number during the registration process or at any other time. We don't ever sell your information. We do get paid through our partners if you get a product through one of our recommendations.. Our goal is to provide personalized offers and recommendations that we think might be helpful to you based on the information on your profile.
Credit Karma offers and recommendations are based on powerful algorithms that find financial products that may be of interest to you based on your credit profile. These may include refinancing options if you look like you might be overpaying for a loan, or credit cards that could help you optimize your savings and earnings (just to name a few). You can read more about how Credit Karma makes money here.
You are never under any obligation to take our offers or recommendations. Our service is completely free to you either way.
To learn more about who we are and how we’re able to do what we do without charging you a dime, you can check out this video: How is Credit Karma Free?
Our site has many ways we can support your financial progress! Here are just some of the tools and features you can get for free from Credit Karma:
- Credit Scores: Your VantageScore 3.0 credit scores from TransUnion and Equifax, updated weekly.
- Credit Reports: Your credit reports from TransUnion and Equifax, which include information on your payment history, credit limits and balances, and more. Credit Karma also provides insights your credit reports about different factors that might influence your credit scores.
- Credit Monitoring: Rest easy knowing that your TransUnion and Equifax credit reports are being monitored. With Credit Karma’s free credit monitoring, we’ll notify you if we notice important changes in your credit reports.
- Identity Monitoring: We check to see whether your personal information shows up in another company’s public data breach or on the dark web. We’ll suggest things you can do to reduce your risk moving forward.
- Unclaimed Money: Search for money that belongs to you that state governments might be holding.
- Home Buying Power: Simulate how changes to factors like your down payment or monthly income could help you make progress towards your home buying goals.
- Credit Karma Tax: Credit Karma is the parent company of Credit Karma Tax, a free tax filing service
- And more!
Sign up or log in now to get started with Credit Karma!