Yes. Credit Karma is always free.
To give you a better idea of who we are and how we’re able to do what we do without charging you a dime, we’ve answered some of the most common questions we hear.
Does Credit Karma require a credit card to sign up?
No, Credit Karma doesn’t r ask you for your credit card number during the registration process or at any other time.
What’s the catch?
You may be wondering, “If Credit Karma is really free, how do they make money? Do they sell my information?” No. Rest assured, we don't make money by selling your information. You can check out this video to learn more about how Credit Karma we makes money: How is Credit Karma Free?
So, am I going to be bombarded with ads?
Simply put, we do generate revenue through advertising partners, but it may not be the kind of advertising you imagine. Rather, our goal is to provide personalized offers that we think might be helpful to you based on your current credit situation.
Credit Karma recommendations are based on powerful algorithms that find products based on your credit profile. These offers may include refinancing options if you look like you might be overpaying for a loan, or credit cards that could help you optimize your savings and earnings (just to name a few).
You are never under any obligation to take our offers. Our service is completely free to you either way.
What do I get for free?
We pack a lot of things into our site! Here are just some of the tools and features you can get for free from Credit Karma:
- Your VantageScore 3.0 credit scores from TransUnion and Equifax, updated weekly when you log in.
- Your full credit reports and education on the credit factors that influence your credit scores.
- Credit Monitoring Rest easy knowing that your TransUnion and Equifax credit reports are being monitored. Once you sign up for free Credit Karma’s free credit monitoring service, we’ll notify you if we notice significant changes.
- Identity Monitoring We check to see whether your personal information shows up in another company’s public data breach. We’ll let you know how to follow up and things you can do to reduce your risk moving forward.
- Free tax filing You can now file your taxes for free on Credit Karma Tax!