#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

I didn't get a form reporting my student loan interest. How do I know how much I paid?

It’s best to have form 1098-E. This is the statement issued by the lender who holds your student loan. You may not receive a form 1098-E if you paid less than $600 in interest during the tax year.

However, not having this form does not prevent you from claiming the student loan interest. You can try gathering the required information by contacting your lender and/or contacting the school/university.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing