#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

I think my 1099-MISC is incorrect? What do I do?

If you think your 1099-Misc is incorrect, you should contact the payor to make the corrections. But if you and the payor disagree over the correct amount, the IRS can’t help settle your dispute.

Your best bet is to always keep thorough, detailed records of payment from all your income sources. Then, when you file your taxes, you can enter the accurate amount and provide an explanation for the differences.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing