#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

What if my W-2 has state withholding amounts for more than one state?

I worked in multiple states for the same company and have a W-2 that shows state withholding for more than 1 state. Can I report this when filing through Credit Karma Tax?

Great question! If your W-2s have more than 1 state tax withholding section, you can file your federal return with us and enter the state information shown in Boxes 15-17.

However, keep in mind that Credit Karma Tax doesn’t currently support the following situations for state returns:

  • Part-year
  • Multiple states
  • Nonresident
  • Filing state returns before federal returns
Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing