#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

My return was rejected because the last name of my dependent does not match what the IRS has on file, what do I do?

If the last name of your dependent has changed (or has hyphens), it needs to match their social security card and what the Social Security Administration (SSA) has on file exactly.

One option is to contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 to verify that what they have in their database for your dependent’s name matches what you’re entering on your tax return.

If you find that the dependent name you entered when trying to e-file with Credit Karma Tax matches your dependent’s name in the SSA database, your only option is to mail in (paper-file) your return.

Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing