We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes of support requests. Response times may be delayed. ×

Do summer camp and after school care expenses count as dependent care expenses?

If you enroll a qualifying child under age 13 or disabled dependent of any age in a qualifying summer camp or after school care while you work or look for work, you may be able to claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit for these expenses.

If the camp or after school care provider is tax exempt, you can still claim the expenses you pay them for this credit.

Just check the tax-exempt box on the care provider information screen on Credit Karma Tax when entering their information.

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing

Was this article helpful?