In tax terms, you’re considered permanently and totally disabled if both of these criterias apply during the tax year:
- You can’t participate in a significant amount of productive activities because of your physical or mental condition.
- You can check out the chart offered by Social Security Administration to see if you’re within the limits.
- A qualified physician determines that your condition either:
- lasted or can be expected to last continuously for at least a year, or
- can be deemed as life threatening
Go to this section in Credit Karma Tax: Personal Information
If you’re permanently disabled, it’s important that you let us know while entering your personal information in Credit Karma Tax. You can indicate the number of months you were affected by the disability within the tax year.