#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

How do I know that my tax return won’t get mixed up with someone else with my same name?

It’s not uncommon to have the same name as somebody else, but that person will not have the same Social Security number as you!

When filing your tax return, you must use your unique 9-digit tax identification number called a Social Security Number (SSN) issued to you by the Social Security Administration. If you weren’t born a U.S citizen or permanent resident, you’ll have to file an application called Form SS-5 and provide certain documents.

Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing