#Our support team is receiving high volumes, so you may experience a delay in response. In the meantime, our Help Center may have the answers you’re looking for. ×

Do I have to file a state income tax return?

Depending on where you live or work, you may have to file a state return. If you need to file a state return, and we support your forms and situation, we’ll walk you through it.

We’ll ask you some questions about where you live and work to help you determine if you need to file state income taxes. At this time, we don’t support nonresident, part-year resident or multiple state filings.

These 7 states don’t require income taxes:

  • Alaska
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Washington
  • Wyoming

New Hampshire and Tennessee tax income from interest and dividends that exceeds certain amounts, but not wages. These involve special filings that Credit Karma Tax doesn’t currently support.

At Credit Karma Tax, you must successfully file a federal return before you can file a state return. We don’t support filing only a state return.


Was this article helpful?

Avez-vous encore des questions? Contactez l’assistance aux membres

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing