#Good news! The IRS has extended the tax deadline to April 18th! As long as you submit your federal return by midnight on 4/18/2018, you won't be considered a late filer for your federal return. Direct debit tax payments that are submitted with your federal return (or on the IRS website) by 4/18 are also considered timely filed ×

What do I need to get started?

Just gather a few documents and we will walk you through your tax return.

Some of the documents you might need include:

  • A copy of your 2016 tax returns (federal and state, if applicable)
  • Statements related to any income, such as:
    • W-2s
    • 1099s
    • Social Security benefit statement
    • Unemployment benefit statements
  • Statements or receipts on interest or contributions paid, such as:
    • Student loan interest (1098-E)
    • IRA contributions
    • Health Savings Account contributions
    • Charitable donations
  • Affordable Care Act statements, such as:
    • Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
Was this article helpful?

Still have questions? Contact member support

Continue your tax filing